Dry Eye season has arrived, and Glimpse Vision has some home remedies to help. There is no need for you to suffer. These simple remedies can improve symptoms such as redness, burning, irritation, tearing, and swollen eyelids.
With inflammation being a common cause of dry eyes, you can take the following steps to relieve dryness:
- Nutritional support in the form of Omega3, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin E. Avoid common inflammatory foods in your diet such as dairy and gluten. *We recommend EyePromise EZ tears supplements.
- Use clean non-toxic products around the eyes to prevent harmful ingredients contributing to inflammation. *WeLoveEyes eye cleansers has a safe formulated natural tea tree oil component to reduce inflammation while keeping eyes clean.
- Drink plenty of water to keep toxicities flushed from your system.
Often environmental influences can lead to dry eyes as well.
- Consider adding a humidifier to your home or work space.
- Avoid positioning yourself in a direct path of air current.
- Consider preservative-free lubricating drops for relief. We offer medical grade high quality Oasis tears, Optase intense drops, FreshKote and Natural Ophthalmics depending on the severity of the condition.
- Consider removing sources causing dry eyes such as smoking, allergies, or ineffective contact lens materials.
For additional questions or to schedule a dry eye evaluation with Dr. Carrie Roitstein click the link below.